Everything You Need For Your First Litter
Comprehensive Whelping Kit – Everything you need!
This is a fantastic way for people who are new to dog breeding and are not sure what to buy in preparation for the birth of the pups the pack includes:
- 1 x Set of digital scales Base dimension is approximately 150mm x 150mm and bowl depth approximately 50mm.
- 9 x Alcohol wipes
- 5 x Cotton White Towels
- 1 x Thermometor with storage case
- 1 x Sterile Bulb Syringe Aspirator
- 2 x Pairs of Vitrile gloves
- 1 x 5g Lubricating jelly
- 1 x Stethoscope
- 1 x Sterile Forceps
- 1 x Sterile Umbilical Cord Scissors
- 1 x 30ml Iodine
- 10 x Super Soft Hook & Loop I.D.Me Collars 8″ in Length
- 400g Royal Canin Babydog Milk (4 x 100g Sachets) Complete with bottle measure scoop and 3 teats
- 3 x American Style (Premade hole) Nurser Feeders 1ml, 3ml,5ml supplied, American Style Nursers are a unique combination of the accuracy of syringe feeding with the simplicity of bottle feeding.
- 2 x large Whelping Pads
- 1 x Sterile Umbilical Cord Clamp
- 1 x Life Drops Spray 30ml
- 1 x Nettex Puppy Life-Line Pack – Pet Breeder Nutri-drops and First Life Colostrum are available as a combination survival kit.
- Packagaging 100gm Colostrum and 30ml Pet Breeder Nutridrops
- 1 x Beaphar Worming Cream
This pack has everything that you require in most situations when your bitch goes into labour.
After each puppy is born, the mother typically breaks the amniotic sac, tears the umbilical cord, and begins to clean the puppy. If the occasion arises if mum does not do this you will need to step in and break the sack, pinch the Umbilical cord about 13mm from belly with the Sterile forceps, then cut with the sterile Umbilcal Cord Scissors and apply Iodine to cord. The Puppy should begin moving and crying.
Any Puppy that does not immediately move or cry should be retrieved and rubbed vigorously with a warm, clean towel over the back, abdomen, and top of its head. Suction of fluids from the nostrils and mouth with the bulb aspirator may help the Puppies breathing. Life drops spray is a respiratory stimulant, and is often given to newborn Puppies to help them begin breathing. Use One spray directly into mouth when required.
Repeat every 10-15 mins until improvement is seen. Puppies can be given the Nettex nutridrops to give that extra boost. The colostrum can be given to weaker Puppies that need that extra bit of help using the Royal Canin Bottle or the lifeline Nursers supplied the Royal Canin Milk also can be given from birth through weaning.
For more information on dogs, see our blog here: Tiny Stompers Offical Blog